If Tenant Cannot Buy

1 min. readlast update: 02.04.2024

If the tenant cannot buy the home or changes their mind at any time after two years, they may reassign a substitute tenant to assume their lease and purchase option.

If the tenant wants to exit the lease in years 5, 6, or 7, they can request the property to be sold on the open market with PublicSquare managing the sale process.

In either of these scenarios, you will be entitled to the same returns, including rent and capital appreciation, as you would normally expect to get if the property were sold to the tenant, and the tenant may receive a refund for a portion of their contributions.

Furthermore, if the tenant reassigns the property or requests it to be sold in the open market, they will be responsible for any additional costs involved in this process.

Was this article helpful?